Friday, February 21, 2014

Things I can no longer do...

In some ways it feels like I've been pregnant forever...those sick days back in October and November where I couldn't keep anything down, couldn't move and cried constantly seem so far away. But in other ways I can't believe how time is flying. I am 25 weeks already! At 27 weeks I'll be in my third trimester already.

Baby boy is so very active! This week I've felt like a scene out of "Alien." I feel him moving a little the rest of the day, but when I sit down for the night the real fun begins. I lay back and just watch my belly roll  like the kid is trying to get cozy in bed, flipping and flopping. When he kicks my whole tummy jumps and then it just moves consonantly.  I guess he's making up now for the time when he'll be too cramped to move. It's delightful and funny!

So my list of things I can't do anymore (or am having significant trouble with) is growing and growing, here are a few that are particularly frustrating: 
1) Put on my socks, shoes, boots, etc (I'm consider just wearing flip flops even though it's winter)
2) Shave my legs in the shower
3) Sit upright at a desk for more than a few minutes (or sit upright at all, I have to lean back to be comfortable)
4) Open doors without hitting the belly 
5) Zip my coat 
6) Reach high shelves in the kitchen

The thing is...I KNOW that this is only the beginning, it's going to get harder to do things. I'm going to get much bigger and what will I do then? I need to have a personal assistant, haha! I'm only kind of kidding. Brett is tremendously helpful, but since he travels for work there are weeks like this one where I have been very aware of how much he does...and I'm increasing grateful for him.  

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love reading along your journey :)