Wednesday, May 7, 2014

The Shannon Whale

We are now at 36 and a half weeks...and here's the thing:

I feel like a whale. It happened all of a sudden but I feel big, I look big, people tell me I'm big (because they think I might NOT be aware?) and...AND I gained three pounds this week.  I've been moving fairly slowly as far as weight gain goes over the pregnancy but I'm at that stage where you have to go to the doctor every week and from last Monday to this Monday I gained 3 pounds! WHAT!? Oh my goodness, I feel big.

And maternity clothes are not meant for people in their last month, I'm convinced. They fit me fine after the belly grew but now my maternity dresses are too short, my maternity pants won't stay up (saggy butt syndrome), and my maternity shirts are riding up. This just encourages my feelings of whaley-ness (it's a word, don't judge). So I have taken to wearing XL T-shirts at home that are comfy but just add to my feelings of whale despair. Sigh*

And baby boy is big too, last week they estimated him at about 7 pounds, ALREADY 7 pounds, how large is this kid going to be at 40 weeks? He's not only large, he's also very active, maybe he's just trying to get comfy? But baby boy is so very active, Brett will just sit by me and watch my belly move around at night. This boy moves constantly! It's a pretty amazing thing really. Brett will say, "he's going crazy!" and I'm like, "Nope, that's my life right now." He's a mover and shaker!

Here is a picture from the last sonogram (last week).  He is facing the camera 3/4 and the upper left is his hand on his cheek:


No comments: