Friday, November 7, 2014

Washcloth...my only friend

We now have a five month old, man the time is flying! Judah is growing and changing every day. He is getting bigger and he is engaging with us more and more. He gives us kisses now (with a lot of slobber as well), and is figuring out how to get around. He can't quite do the normal hands and knees crawl, but he can move across the floor with amazing speed. He is also teething, which means he doesn't always love life but still...he's such a pleasant little guy.


His new things is that he likes to be to chewing on something at all times. He really likes blankets: to chew on, to throw around, to put over his face. And it's especially while he's going to sleep...but we're not comfortable leaving a blanket in the crib with him. (Side note: he does wear a sleep sac/wearable blanket so he's not cold...also, why don't they make those things for adults!?Am I right?)

So anyway, he loves the blankets while he's getting to sleep, so what we've done is give him a washcloth for those purposes. He can chew on it, throw it around and put it over his face without the concern of suffocating under it.

Well last night I fed him and he was restless but it was bed time so as the doctor has suggested, we left him to self-sooth for a few minutes and he quieted down pretty quickly. Later, when we went up to bed, we checked on him and there he was...hugging washcloth like it was his only friend.

I've got to be honest, it was both the cutest and the saddest thing. He's just so adorable in their hugging his little washcloth, but it also made me feel like the worst parent ever. All he wanted was a little company and I left him in there alone with a washcloth. Argh...the heartbreak of parenthood.

This past few weeks Brett was in Vegas, so I got a lot of Mommy-Judah time. We've got such a sweet little guy, I truly thank God everyday for this blessing. Even when I'm tired, I can't help but be happy when I'm around this sweet little face.




No comments: