Monday, October 13, 2014

4 month update

Oh my, sorry it's been so long since I have written, it's been a busy few weeks and Brett's been gone some.

A few weeks ago our family came by for Milo's dedication. Ash and Jennie came early with Milo, who is Judah's cousin and is 8 months old. They had such a fun time together, it's so fun to have boys that will be the same age through the years. They shared their toys, took some pictures together and got to know each other better. While they were here cousin Milo crawled for the first time! It was so great to have been able to experience that with the New's!
 

Judah is now four months old! My goodness, how fast life is going. He is 15lbs 7oz., about 50th percentile for his age, and he is 99th percentile of height! He's so tall he's already wearing 6-9 month sleepers although his waist is so small he can still wear newborn pants (although they're way too short).

He's just such a delightful baby, he really is so pleasant. He smiles and laughs all the time. He loves mommy and daddy and is responding well to both of us. He will look for us when he hears one of us talking (which is frustrating when Brett talks and he's nursing). He is trying new sounds, one of which is a high pitched screech (that's delightful :/), but it's fun. He's responding to us and talking to us all the time. He also likes the baby in the mirror, but sometimes he gets upset when he sees mommy holding that other baby.


Judah has started playing in the bath - kicking and punching at the water. He loves to watch it splash. He is so happy in the tub, he doesn't even mind it when we wash his face! Our Judah Bug also loves his new saucer play station (thanks Fields') and his jumper (thanks Kaiser's). He's learning and exploring all the time, he's able to grab stuff on purpose and with both hands. He is starting to enjoy having us read to him (he used to cry and cry when I would try).


A few not so great things:

I had the horrific experience of "my-baby-rolled-off-the-couch" this week. I can't begin to tell you how horrible I feel, oh man. I set him on the couch (which he had been doing well) to lay out his play mat and heard a thunk. I turned around and he was looking at me...so betrayed. Then he starting wailing - like WAILING. Well of course I started sobbing as well. I was convinced I had hurt him beyond repair. I called the doctor's emergency line and after a few questions they determined he was fine but I should keep an eye on him. He didn't even get a bump, but I felt like crap.

Our poor little Judah had his first cold this week too. He was so pathetic and sad, it was hard to watch him just be sick. His little nose was all stuffy. But we did all the things you're supposed to and he's better now.

Every day is something new and it's really delightful. We just love being parents.



No comments: