Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Belly progress and baby kicks

I am now at 21 week, over halfway! My morning sickness has GREATLY lessened and I'm sick much less often - still no cravings though and I still can't eat candy or drink Mt. Dew :(

My belly is growing slowly but surely (Dec. 19, Jan. 6 and Jan. 21 in order):



So, I was in bed a few days ago reading a book before bed and something amazing happened: I felt a weird fluttering, something that is absolutely different than gas or grumblings in the tummy. So I put  my book down and started talking to duck baby. When I stopped talking I felt it again, a kick or a punch (or something anyway) that is the first sign that is not on a computer screen, my baby is moving! You know me, I totally started crying.

I have to be paying attention for the most part because it's so subtle but it's definitely different than anything I've ever felt. It's coming more easily now and by the time Brett gets home from Detroit maybe he'll be able to feel it too.

This is such an amazing time and I feel blessed to be able to participate in such a miracle. God does an amazing thing when we are allowed to participate in creation.  

No comments: