Monday, December 16, 2013

Baby: It's a...

I think that whichever gender duck baby was, Brett would have been happy.  He is just so excited to be a dad.  I know that I would have been happy either way too - either way this baby is such a blessing, such a gift after so long waiting and hoping and praying.

We went last Tuesday to the doctor and once again saw a healthy and active baby. I am totally amazed at how much this baby moves: jumping around and moving it's mouth already and pumping it's fists and kicking me in the...well I'm not really sure because I can't feel it yet. Do we already have a hyperactive child or is this normal? We don't know, but we are so glad that the baby is healthy.

When the tech finally got some cooperation (it's hard to figure out what's going on with gender when the baby won't sit still) we saw that...

IT'S A BOY!

No question, it's a boy.  I cried, Brett cried...we are so excited!

We had already been thinking about names, we have several great ones for a boy.  We hadn't really come up with a girl name we loved yet, so that works out.  Also, the room we are making into the nursery, it's already blue, so bonus! He'll have lots of boy cousins to play with : Our AJ (Jen's boy) is three and Baby New (coming in February to Ash) will just be 3 months older!

We are excited to meet you, baby boy!





No comments: