Friday, July 31, 2009

What's up with my toe?

So...I have begun walking on my foot. I've gotten rid of the crutches and am doing pretty good hobbling around. The foot doesn't look too bad, just bruised near the bandage and a little puffy all over. Brett feels pretty good about my progress. However, there are a few things going on that are creeping me out:

1) Most importantly, my little toe will not lie properly. It sticks straight out from the bone and does not lie on the floor like normal toes do. Put your feet on the ground, don't all your toes hit the floor? Only 9 of mine do.

2) I have been trying to exercise my right foot toes because I'm afraid if I don't the toes won't work anymore, and I can only bend three of them. I can't move the pinkie toe or the one next to it on their own.

3) I am having trouble sleeping because of my foot making it uncomfortable to sleep in most positions. I'm afraid it will never feel right again.

I guess just in general I'm worried that my foot will never be right again. I feel freaked out about that actually. I am going to the doctor on Tuesday for my scheduled check up so I will let you know what happens there.

No comments: