Wednesday, July 15, 2009

The Detox

Narcotics withdrawl...not a pretty sight. I went from taking two percocet to taking two vicoden to taking one vicoden and yesterday I finished the last of my drugs. I thought I'd better ween myself off the drugs so that it wouldn't be as bad. I'm glad I did what I did, because last night was miserable.

I had trouble getting to sleep but once I finally did it didn't last too long. I woke up and felt...well crazy. I'm not sure how to describe it besides to say that I would rather have the pain of surgery than ever go through that again.

It was as though my body was rejecting itself, I was hot and then cold, my muscles wouldn't stay still and I couldn't get comfortable. Again, there's no good way to describe this, but the feeling is worse than pain.

I cried for hours and Brett sat beside me doing what he could, poor guy. At about 5am he called his dad to see if there was anything else we could do (Jack had major surgery last year and was on oxycontin for over two months). I finally crashed at about 6am, so exausted that it was painful. This morning was better, I could function but my body still feels strange, and not really itself.

And I was only on the stuff for a week and a half.

No comments: