Wednesday, March 11, 2015

9 months and growing fast!

Man, apparently I'm not great at keeping up.

Judah is now 9 months old! It's crazy to think that he's already so old. Oh my goodness things are going by so quickly! At his 9 month appointment he weighed 18 lb 2 oz. He's in the normal range and healthy!

Judah is now standing on his own (usually when he is getting food from one of us), he's walking along behind his lion walker, he has definite sounds for specific things. He recognizes his name and turns when we call him. He waves at us, at the TV, at anyone and everyone in the mall, at himself in the mirror...he loves to wave. He can also point at us when we ask him, "Where's mommy?" or "Where's daddy?" He's such a smart and sweet little boy, we are so in love with him.

Since it's been so long I've got a lot of pictures, so I'll let them help me update.

This is at Christmas, he loved the tree and the pretty lights:


He is growing so quickly, he looks like a little boy in this picture and not a baby! Although I suppose he's shaped like a baby, look at the size of that noggin!


He loves different textures and sights. Here he is looking at the snow and feeling the cold window. He spent a lot of time looking at Nana and Papa's porch and licking this window. 


In January he discovered his tongue. He enjoys sticking it out, licking things, blowing raspberries and making weird sounds with it. Also, he now has three teeth (two on the bottom middle and one of his top front teeth).


Bath time remains one of his most favorite things ever. He giggles and laughs and splashes around as long as he's in there. He gets very upset when the water gets turned off and then when the water runs out. I'm pretty sure he would live in the bath if we let him. When we go into this bathroom he gets so excited that he dances because he knows it's bath time. 


Judah is such a dare devil and he's so busy. He's always learning and discovering and figuring out what else he can do. You can't leave him for 2 seconds or something like this happens (and yep, apparently I'm that mom who grabs the camera first and then saves the kid). 


One thing he hates is wearing a hat, and even though the weather has been seriously cold, he tries to get it off when we aren't looking. I found him like this the other day when I went to get him out of the car...apparently he's not quite mastered getting it all the way off his head. 


This month Judah turned 9 months old, we always try to get monthly pictures and while I usually don't post those on here, this one I couldn't resist. This may be one of my all time favorite Judah pictures. Brett captured this great moment where I am trying to get Judah to hold the flag so that we could see it and he was just not having it. He kept trying to escape and by the look on his face you would think I was torturing him! Oh man...this picture makes me laugh every time I look at it. 
 

We remain astounded that this precious little boy is ours. He is such a happy and delightful baby - I thank God every single day that I get to be his mommy. It is so much fun watching him learn and grow and become his own little person. 





No comments: