Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Monumental: Turning 30....

Moments in life that are monumental:

245) Turning 30

Sunday I had my 30th birthday, my husband likes to tell me that on January first I will be entering my 5th decade of life (I was born in the 70's!). I feel strange and I don't really like it. There is something I don't like about not being in my twenties. It could be because I don't like change and this is a big one. It could be because of the stipulations that come with being in your 30's and not your 20's. It could be because thirties seems so old. Sunday night I couldn't get to sleep thinking about how different it feels to be 30. Sigh*

2 comments:

Trav said...

I hope you're not as sad about this as you sound. I felt the need to add something, but I'm not sure what. You're the first of my friends to hit 30, and it's very shocking news, like you've grown another foot. Uh...anyways...Happy Birthday???

Shannon New Spangler said...

Trav, this made me laugh truly, like I am some kind of strange experiment or something. I am getting over the sadness of turning 30 but it's still so strange to be in the next decade of life!