Tuesday, March 31, 2009

For Good

I wish there were more time for people. I get busy with work and life and TV and so many other things that don't matter that much. I want to remember that life is about the relationships that we have and the people we get to love and that love us.

I love the people I love so deeply, and sometimes I lament that some people are in our lives only for a small period of time. I think that as we travel through life we are given people for a season. Some people stay with us our whole life, or many seasons: your family, a few close friends. Others are there only for one season: floormates at college, a professor or collegue.

Unfortunately the short periods of time do not make it any easier to let go. Though I understand that life works this way, I hate it every time it happens. At times you can see the end coming, other times it is sudden. So I just wanted to let you all know, each person who has touched my life, whether in a small way or greatly, thank you and because I knew you, I have been changed for good.

From "Wicked":

1 comment:

Brooke said...

I agree Shanney....and I love this song!