Thursday, October 2, 2008

Blogging and more blogging

I've discovered that I love to blog. I have a lot to say and whether anyone reads it or not I'm going to say it. I have things I want to share. I need a place to release all of these things that go on in my head and blogger has created that space for me and for many others like me.

I think blogging must be a mild form of therapy. It is for me anyway. I assume that my life is much more interesting than it probably is and so I put it out here on the world wide web for all to see...though most people will pass it by with a non-committal glance.

I think we are all this way, assuming that we are much more interesting and important than we actually are, because for me the world does revolve around me. For you, the world revolves around you. Everyone else is simply playing a part in our own personal sitcoms. Some people have bigger roles and are permanent characters (like my family) but some people come into one episode and are never booked again. This is why blogging makes sense... because I think other people are interested in this show...the Shannon Show, because why wouldn't they be? I'm the main character after all. What a strange state of mind, but I think it's hard to imagine it otherwise because I'm always here and no-body else is.

So then blogging exists as therapy for our own peace of mind. Blogging says that I am important, there is place exclusively about me and now everyone can be a part. Even though deep down I know that this isn't true, it gives peace to my ego-maniacal mind.

No comments: